"Established 1954 and still going strong"SYDNEY (02) 97552877 BRISBANE (south) (07) 32556500 BRISBANE (north) (07) 36243900 TOWNSVILLE (07) 47584800 PERTH (08) 93561599
|Sutherland circa 1975||Nambucca circa 1965||Nambucca circa 1965|
Gleeman Truck Parts was founded by (the late) Terry Gleeson in the early 1950’s when he began his infant parts business with the help of father-in-law Stan Manton, operating out of Stan’s garage behind his house in Kogarah in the southern Sydney suburbs. In those days the business was named T. Gleeson & Manton Pty. Ltd. which later became Gleeman Pty. Ltd. Prior to this Terry’s experience with Mack and his awareness of the constant shortage of spare parts for them, prompted him to buy a used EQ series Mack which he wrecked for spares in the driveway of his parents home at Hurstville. The resultant success of this venture became the catalyst for the formation of the new company. Pressure from local council necessitated a move from Kogarah and a timber yard in Bath Rd Sutherland (formerly Hall’s Timbers) was purchased. The larger premises provided the opportunity to expand the business to include wrecking of trucks and crawler tractors. Mack truck parts were the main source of business, particularly for the Macks left in Australia after the 2nd world war, the most common being the legendary models NR & EH. In the early sixties as the company grew, a branch was opened in Nambucca Heads on the NSW north coast to cater for the many Macks working in the logging & timber industry around the Bellingen, Thora, Dorrigo & Coffs Harbour areas. As an agent for Truck Sales & Service (Mack), and H.W. Crouch (Diamond T) both makes of trucks were sold from here as well as spare parts, until the branch was later sold to Volvo Trucks.
Again expansion in the early seventies saw the construction of a new warehouse facility at Chipping Norton in Sydney’s west, and the company continued to grow, importing parts from all over the world while expanding its interest to cater to a wider variety of the heavy duty truck market. In 2001 the company was purchased by the SMP GROUP based in Shepparton Vic. to add to their businesses supplying parts and equipment to the Australian heavy truck and construction equipment market. Today Gleeman Truck Parts continues to grow with branches in Brisbane’s north & south as well as Townsville & Perth with more branches planned for the future.